Posted by : Unknown
Minggu, 01 Februari 2015
PARALLELISM
Parallelism
is a matching grammatical structures. If there is Noun should be
parallel with Nouns, Participle should be parallel with participle,
verb should be parallel with verb, and phrase should be parallel with
phrase, and so on.
This
is several rule in the Parallelism structure.
- Same grammatical structure.
- Nouns
I
buy pen,
pencil,
eraser
and ruler.
N
N N N
Tiara
is planting rose,
jasmine,
mango,
and orange.
N N N N
- Gerund
I
likes reading,
cooking,
and riding.
V+ing V+ing V+ing
- Adjective
He
ever say that he likes kind,
friendly
and smart
girls.
Adj. Adj. Adj.
- Infinitive
I
would like to
tell
you about pink beach and to
invite
you to go there.
Infin. Infin.
- Connected by But, And, As, Or, Thus, or Although.
- Yesterday she cleaned the window and mopped the floor.
- The exam that she gave was long, but easy.
- Taking a ship can be as costly as taking a plane.
- He wanted to borrow a car or to rent one while his car was being repaired.
- Compare two thing in the same grammatical.
- My home is farther than Kath home.
- The work that I did is similar to the work that you did.
- Using both…..and….., either…..or….., neither…..nor…..
- I know both of them Kathy and Kesya absent for today.
- Either noodle or meatball is delicious.
- The ticket are neither in my pocket nor in my purse.
- Using not only…..but also
- Mortenson is not only smart but also talented.
- He writes not only correctly but also neatly.
- Using …..as well as…..
- Bethy plays the guitar as well as the violin.
- Marta excels in mathematics as well as in science.